Monday, November 24, 2008

What the hack

Last month my company sent me to this conference call HITB (Hack in the Box) at Crowne Plaza. Its conference and in hotel, I dressed up in my proper office attire (tak la sampai with coat kan) with a matching kinda business like handbag. To my surprise when I reach there. Most of the people there come in t-shirt (round neck) and jeans and 10 percent even comes with a short pants. I feel so awkward; you know the feeling of over-dressed. I'm not the only person who comes with the proper attire but still kata orang2 tua, masuk kandang harimau kenalah mengaum, kalo kandang kambing, silalah mengembek.

This is my first time ever been in a conference where people comes in short. But when I read back the title of the conference, it explains why. It's HACK IN THE BOX. Some of them are even hackers in which their routine job is to break the security. It will be quite funny to see them comes dress up. Isn't it? It such an eye opener for me to see these peoples in real, the passion they have to sit down and break people code is simply superb. We've seen them on tv (trust me, dalam tv tu sumer exaggerate je, macam senang jer dia nak break into other people security) but I've got to see the real one.

They are cool, especially the founder of pirate bay. From the way they give their talk, it really shows yang diorang ni hanya budak2 nakal who just want to have fun. So funny and entertaining to hear their story of how they start and what they have gone through to get where they are now. Plus mereka sangat berani untuk tampil ke hadapan and let the whole world know who they are. Super cool kan!!

It's a two days conference, so the next day. I just come in jeans and shirt. When my dress doesn't stand out from the rest, barulah rasa macam tak tersalah tempat. Hehehe

2 comments:

**mEaSa** said...

takan gamba tag je?
mane gamba berpakaian sakan tu?

Little Things said...

measa: tak bawak camera la. tak sempat nak bergambar ngan lelaki hensem (mat2 saleh) kat sana.