Wednesday, August 27, 2008

P/S: I Love You

I bet a lot of people out there have already read this book. Yes, for people who are not after serious reading (eg: three cups of tea. Hehehe) will definitely have this as one of their collection.

I just have chance to watch the movie last 2 week. I’ve been looking for the movie for so long and almost jump out of my seat when my sister told me that she finally got the cd. This entry is meant to share my personal opinion about the movie vs the book.

Starring Hillary Swank and Gerald Butler, it started off with the argument between Holly and Gerry which I have to say is the bad way of starting this movie. Yeah!! The plot is quite different which makes the movie not as good as compared to the book. Hillary Swank character does not really suit Holly as the way Cecilia Ahern (the author of the book) described her while Gerald Butler acting should certainly be commended. If only this kind of guy exist in this world!! I don’t mind if I have to be a second wife :P

I still remember the part when Gerry plans for Holly's vacation with her friends. Imagine if your husband is really sick, counting his last days living in this world and yet still planning for something that can piece your life back together after he died. How thoughtful is that!! I can feel Holly’s emotion and cried together with her when I read the book but in the movie, I don’t feel anything, not even touched.

To conclude the movie is not a must watched romantic movie but the book is definitely a must have. Again this book is not recommended for those who prefer a serious reading.

Glad that I have read the book way before I watched the movie. Otherwise I’m quite sure I will not read it.

p/s: Would anyone want to be my Gerry? but please just don't die too early.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahahaha :| tak terkata :|