Friday, June 20, 2008

Cantonese

Boon was talking to Ai Cheak in Cantonese and suddenly I heard something that I understand. So its time to apply wut i have learned so far :P

Boon: Ngo mm zi wo…
Me: Ngo wa lei zi
Boon: lei hou zho..
Me: Lei hou zho. Da lei, lei zou zi
Boon: wargh…now u pandai arr

The whole department starts laughing and teasing Boon

Well, most of you might not understand a single word up there. Here I translate it for u..

Boon: I don’t know wo
Me: I let you know
Boon: You 'sangat bising' la
Me: You la sangat bising. I ‘pukul’ you, then you know
Boon: wargh.. now u pandai arr


Haha. It wasn’t that funny, but they laugh because I can talk back, infact I say something that really make him shut up.

What I like about learning other languages is the sense of achievement. It’s about the feeling when you replies them. Something that is quite hard to explain tho.

On the way back home…

Boon: Hey, you know wut. Everytime I hear you speak in Cantonese. I feel like want to
whack you and throw you out of the window.
Me: Hehe..You jealous. I can speak mandarin better than you. Now that I start learning Cantonese, you feel more jealous rite. Blek :p


1 comment:

**mEaSa** said...

waahh..sudah pandai.nnt leh ajar sy lak :P