Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who is on the line?

Talking to customer service/technical support can be annoying sometimes. Everybody agree?

Or i leave you to judge after reading this entry. :)

Celcom customer service:
 Me: Hi, I have already terminated my celcom broadband last month (October) but i still received the bill, charging me for this month (November)
Celcom: Oh.. that because it take 5 days for the termination to get effective and so happen it falls after the cut off date period
Me: Oh.. but even so, you should be charging me base on the pro rated rate. Rite?
Celcom: No? We will still charge for full amount
Me: Why is it so?
(He then put me on hold for 20 minutes)
Celcom: Actually there's nothing wrong with the bill. This is actually for last month bill (October)
Me: But from the date period, it shown that it is for this month period (November). Can you give me the breakdown of the bill. Let start with the September bill....
Celcom: he then start explain to me.. bla bla bla... for October 5 until November 5, we charge you 120.
(He pause for a while and continue)
and for 5/10 (fifth of ten - he use the number instead of October) until 5/11 we charge you 120.(referring to my November bill)
Me: You have already mentioned October and you repeat yourself with fifth of ten (5/10). Or does October come twice in Celcom Calendar and thats the reason why you charging me two times for October?
Clecom: Errr no.. I am sorry miss..
Me: So? Can you still explain?
Celcom: Please hold for a while, I need to consult my supervisor.
(30 minutes waiting and he still didn't come back to me and i hang up)

I call them again and tell this to the person that answering me.

I 've called you guys  just now but someone put me on hold for more than 30 minutes. Already i have been charge for something that i'm not supposed  to be paying and now i have to pay my phone bill for calling you. Please dont put me on hold and if you dont know how to read the bills. i can tell you how!!!!

Perhaps.. i'm having the bad day? but their attempt to bring me around the bush and makes me confused and think that i really need to pay for the bill is really pushing me to my limit.

and yes i totally not agree with their idea of taking 5 days for the termination to be effective? what were they thinking. Why don't they just wait 2 months and charge me for another 2 more months instead?

Haih. After put me on hold again for another 5 minutes. They apologize and tell me that they will make and adjustment and i will not have to pay for the bill. A few weeks later i received the updated bill. Yes, they have made the adjustment. But i still have to pay them like 24 ringgit  after the adjustment. When im not supposed to pay them at all!

I dont bother to call them again and dont even plan to pay that bill.

No comments: